We have provided below an updated timeline of Immigration changes since 19 July;
- If your work visa expires from 1 July – you should apply for another visa as there are no more automatic extensions. If your visa has already expired in July and you have not done anything, contact us immediately so we can discuss your options.
- Friday, 16 July – we received a significant announcement from Immigration, which I will explain in more detail later.
- 19 July – the median wage rate is now $27
- 31 October will see the abolishment of 6 work visa types. That has not changed.
- Mid 2022 The introduction of compulsory employer accreditation and also the new Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV).
- And July 2022 is when the compulsory stand down period will start.