An essential skills work visa is a work visa that allows you to work in New Zealand, in a specified role, for a specified employer.
To be eligible for this work visa:
- You must be in New Zealand; and
- You must have a job offer for an acceptable employment; and
- There must be no New Zealand citizen or resident available, or easily trainable to do this job; and
- You and your proposed employer must meet the other relevant visa requirements.
If you already hold a work visa, valid only for a year from when it was issued, then
- Getting a job offer paying a minimum of $25.50, means that you may be eligible for a 3 year visa.
- If your family is outside New Zealand, this 3 year visa will allow you to support them for dependent visas when the border opens.
If you already hold a work visa, valid for 3 years from when it was issued, then
- Getting a job offer paying a minimum of $25.50, means that you will be eligible for another 3 year visa and you can continue to support family for dependent visas.
If you have any questions or need help, give us a call now or email us to book an appointment with our qualified team of visa advisers. You can also contact us through our website, youtube channel or any of our social media pages.